What would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomechanical

Solid State Member
I'm trying to build a gaming system. I was wondering what would be better (I'm on sort of a budget).

One 10,000 RPM hard drive

or

Two 7,200 RPM hard drives in RAID 0

???

:confused:

Its going to be loud? I dont knoiw where you get this from(I mean they make noise but its not louder then my cpu or case fan). I have 2 320 gig seagate 7200.10 and they are awesome. The real question you have to ask yourself is how much if a freak are you about loading time for a game or startup of windows. I really didnt see shaving off a few seconds as a real reason for this. I mean, i got my 2 for a total of $180.

I don't know if it is completely true but 10,000 rpm have a tendency to break down sooner. I guess it would make sense as they spin faster but I don't know.

For me i would say the 7200 becuase i couldn;t justify the price to performance ratio.

yea 10 000 is gonna break down sooner. but if u get 2 7200 ur gona notice an increase in case sound. but it might not bother u. I used to use an onboard video and the case is really quiet but after installing a video card, the GPU fan made a significant change in volume. so its up to ur preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom