laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I wanted to get a gaming laptop and was wondering if the graphics card in a laptop is upgradable?

SpikedCola said:
In some they are, in some they arent. Depends what model. Im sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to explain further :)

Exactly

Many high end gaming systems have upgradeable video card slots.

it is a 25/75 percent chance that you can upgrade. most lack that but newer nividia based systems have an upgradable graphics module. some laptops will let you upgrade the video memory with sodimms ( mine does). it is best to give a laptop a good look over and find out before you buy it.

its not possible to upgrade heat emitting components that easily, as case design is made keeping in mind the thermal specifications. and specially adding an external component in laptop, nearly impossible, if not 100% impossible.

better buy a laptop with better graphics card.

yep, i'd suggest getting a lappie with a good pre-installed card coz it seems hard enuff to upgrade a desktop card, with all the overheating issues and all, but a laptop, forget about it!
also, would you want the lappie on the road or do you have an outlet to plut it into? coz battery life is a huge issue, i would imagine that the more powerful the game is the better the battery runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom