Cant install video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
Im having a hard time to get my video card to work. I have a ATI Radeon x1300pro AGP 8X, i had it for over a year now and now its giving me some problems.

When i turn on my computer my monitor doesnt come on, so i used another monitor but that didnt work. I updated all my drivers for my MOBO and Video card and none has worked at all. When i plugged the monitor in the motherboard it also doesnt work, but when i take out the video card it works.

I tried to install my 9600se video card but that doesnt work also, whenever i install drivers for either of the video cards it said " Setup was unable to find compnonents that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software".

Why would it say that when i have all my drivers installed? I uninstalled all my drivers and tried re-installing them but no luck.
Can anyone help me out please? :(

Unistall the drivers, let the install wizard recognize the new device, and let it take you through the process. It should prompt you to install the drivers at some point.

That's odd...

Make sure there's no dust in the slot, and make sure you seat the card fully. My friend's computer did that, even though I thought I had the card seated properly..I pushed harder, and it worked.

I have did what both of you guys said and nothing works so far. I think the AGP port is defective and not working, i might buy a new mobo.

Anyone else know whats the problem??

stevo808

Your right sPlAtOiD, im gonna try that ASAP. I forgot to do that before i installed the video card in the first place. My friend also said to do that to, so i hopefully it will work. Thanks man!

stevo808

ok this is weird..i set the initiation to onboard/AGP and that doesnt work. Im not sure how to disable the onboard device. Can anyone tell me how please?

my mobo is gigabyte 865G

and also when i check the device manager nothing shows that i have a AGP or VGA..

First off, uninstall the drivers for your onboard graphics, then restart your computer.

In the BIOS, set the shared memory to 0. Be sure to connect your monitor to your card, then boot.

Once you boot, you should have at least basic resolution on your monitor. Proceed with the installation of drivers for your card.

I'll give that a try once i get home from work.

How would i set the shared memory to 0 in the BIOS? Like which setting or section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom