Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
I tried flashing the BIOS with F4 and F5, never worked. I'm over it.

then how'd you get the motherboard FSB above 233? i can't get the cpu host "dealio" to stay enabled and because of that i can't get the FSB up either.

BTW ram is now @ 1:1 instead of 2:3 so i guess that's good. It can do C3L at 533 so that's decent at least until i can get F4 or F5 to work.

The General said:

EBAY?

I turned the FSB up. Maybe you need to check your FSB voltage?

Why is your RAM running so fast? Thats DDR2-1066! Set the divider to 2, and you should be able to do 400x8 just fine.

And EBAY! as in ... that's where this motherboard is going due to lack of features and lack of IDE controllers, and lack of SLi, and lack of Linux.

The General said:
I turned the FSB up. Maybe you need to check your FSB voltage?

Why is your RAM running so fast? Thats DDR2-1066! Set the divider to 2, and you should be able to do 400x8 just fine.

And EBAY! as in ... that's where this motherboard is going due to lack of features and lack of IDE controllers, and lack of SLi, and lack of Linux.

yeah it's already on divider 2 it's just running at DDR2-533 or whatever the FSB is running at (it's 1:1). It's really ticking me off. I can get the RAM to run at DDR2-800 @ 4-4-4-12 but i can't get the FSB up.

Every time i try to enable the CPU Host Clock Control and set everything up it will either not even boot up to BIOS or it'll just reset itself and i'll open up BIOS right away to find that the CPU Host Clock Control is disabled again.

What should the voltage be to get the FSB up? That could be why it's not responding to the upped FSB attemps but idk.

i'll give the FSB voltage thing a shot. thanks

LOL, both you guys need to worry about flashing the BIOS before anything else. The BIOS shipped with this board is crap. Many problems were fixed with the new versions.

Although I am curious as to how you were trying to flash the BIOS before, here is a quick guide. More detail information can be found in your mobo manual, or I am sure the website.

Use the @BIOS program. This program is on the mobo installation CD. If you haven't already, install that program.

Download the BIOS file from the Gigabyte website. F5 is the most recent version. Unzip the file into a folder, remember the location of the folder.

Open up @BIOS. I don't have it in front of me, but there is a button that says "Update BIOS" or something like that. When you press it, it will open up a folder explorer type screen. Find the folder where you unzipped the file you downloaded. The BIOS file will end in .f5. Select that file.

Now just follow along and let it flash the BIOS.

Restart the computer.

Your BIOS should now be updated.

This can all be done with no need for a floppy drive.

Dude I followed those instructions exactly, when I rebooted it was still F3, then I followed the instructions at the Gigabyte website, and it did the same thing.

The General said:
Dude I followed those instructions exactly, when I rebooted it was still F3, then I followed the instructions at the Gigabyte website, and it did the same thing.
Hmmm, that's weird.

Have you tried from a floppy using Qflash as well?

Maybe just try calling Gigabyte and have them walk you through it. F3 is crap, you don't want to be stuck with that.

i hope you can do it without a floppy, cause i don't wanna have to have one JUST so i can flash the BIOS. And all of my parts are in NC now, besides the case and the monitor which shipped from tennese, instead of NJ. They should be in state today however. So tomorow i should have all my parts! Unfortunately ive decided to let my freinds help me build it, since it's my first time building. So ill be building on friday. Ill probably just admire the case and test out my new keyboard and mouse before then.

I don't have a floppy drive or floppy discs, either way its a moot point because I already have a new motherboard and am selling this one on eBay.

is the 2mb of cache that is missing in the e6300 and e6400 unlockable, like how sometimes 16 pipes are unlockable on a video card? or are they non-existent on the two CPU's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom