Laptop won't go full screen !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vxdesigns

Solid State Member
Yea my laptop was acting kinda sluggish so i had a clean install after a format. Now i can't get it to go full screen completely while playing anything i.e UTD, movies, clips etc. Mayb you guys should take a look at these shots

my.php

my.php

You see how theres black bars at the sides of the shots ? That's how my full screen looks like. I have installed the latest ati mobility radeon x1400 drivers and installed all the drivers which came with the laptop. First i thought i had a windows installment issue, i re-installed still the same problem. I am 100% sure i have everything similar to what i had before the first format/reinstall then why won't it work !!! Here are my laptop specs, i hope someone can help me out as i am very frustrated !!!

Computer:
Dell Inspiron 6400
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name VXDESIGN-0304B9
User Name VoodooX

Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium M, 1666 MHz (10 x 167)
Motherboard Name Dell MM061
Motherboard Chipset Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM
System Memory 1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (04/20/06)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Omega 3.8.273) (256 MB)
Video Adapter ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Omega 3.8.273) (256 MB)
Monitor Generic Television
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]

Try this:
Display Properties>Settings>Advanced>Displays (you're now in the ATI control panel)>Panel (usually in the center, above a picture of a laptop)>Under Panel Attributes you should see a check box for "scale image to panel size". Check this and you should be good.

Also make sure you're resolution is as high as it can go on your desktop.

Yes i have tried both, yet no luck. But everything worked fine before the format and re-install, that's the weird part, and i have installed everything similar as before. I did a research of my own and from what i gathered is that the screen is not refreshing properly to change the resolution, why i say that is because before it used to have 1 sec black screen delay whenever i ran a full screen app/game and now there is none. Do you guys think it's a video card problem ? Although i ran the dell diagnostic tests and it says all hardware passed the tests. Is there any utility which can scan my video card or hardware and tell me if it's malfunctioning on not ?

hmm, driver problem seems like. you cannot get higher refresh rates than 60Hz on LCD panel. try re-installing the drivers once again. they might be giving trouble, have you updated the drivers from WIndows Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom