ATI or nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys heres the setup I have come up with, and I want to know if this will all work.

Gigabyte ds3 mobo
Western Digital caviar 160gb
Intel core 2 duo E6400 conroe
Sunbeam Transformer case
Sapphire 1900XTX With VIVO with Zalman VF900
Patriot 2GB memory
500w power supply

nVdia said:
Use the omega drivers they work great!

Pfft they dont make a difference. I have used both. One thing you might like for overclocking though is to use "ATi Tray Tools" Got some good options in there.

i used the omega drives.. i thought they were running better.. but then i noticed counter-strike looked alot sh1ttier even with 6xAA 16xAF.. and i left it so the game decided how much of the filtering would be used... i never had the problem with catalyst so i switched back over to catalyst obviously

Linux schminux, I don't know who/why you'd buy a 1900xtx for Linux, its for PC gaming.

I'm not aware of one setting in nvidia control panel that doesn't have a similiar setting in ATI's drivers.

ATI has some awsome cards out.

I would recommend the x1900xt because it has more shader pixels IIRC and games are supposed to be moving that way. But I would get a HIS IceQ3 version because those coolers are very very good. My x1800 at stock speeds stays at around 56c with the fan set to 36% and even at 100% you can't really hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom