46 hours left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Today i payed for my PC that i built with all of my friends from this forum! (It will be ready tomorrow, the company near my house are building it).

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6300, 1066Mhz, s775, 2MB Cache
945GM-S2 s775 Conroe, 945G, DDRII 667, VGA, PCI-E
1GB Corsair 677 (will be adding a stick in 2 months).
Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB, 2xDVI, VIVO, PCI-E
Seagate 80GB 7200RPM, 8MB, SATA II
Supertalent CA-601UFK Black
Noisetaker EG425P-VE 420W

These are the specs ill will be posting some pics of the PC in and outisde of it.

Thanks to everyone !
Tech-Forums 4 life!

Preacher

Yeah, well why not (dont be stupid) i didnt have the money :p but anyways HL2 on full ultra high setting with HDR + AA at 240fps is good enough for me :)

It really bugs me when people say "You should go get a X6800 and 2 7900GTX's - your PC is now ****!!!" FFS money does not grow on trees.

Enjoy your PC! Hopefully one day you will build them your self.

/rant.

well, if u flused money on X1900, then you should have used some other and added to CPU, also to H/D.

If I would have been in your place, I would have gone for some other VGA, but went for Conroe and S-ATA-II H/D. now you are making a system that could process graphics quicker, and will wait for them to pass through processor and hard drive.

also, adding extra RAM will not bring any significant change, only 4-5% increase, not even that. better stay with 1GB.

Blind_Arrow said:
well, if u flused money on X1900, then you should have used some other and added to CPU, also to H/D.

If I would have been in your place, I would have gone for some other VGA, but went for Conroe and S-ATA-II H/D. now you are making a system that could process graphics quicker, and will wait for them to pass through processor and hard drive.

also, adding extra RAM will not bring any significant change, only 4-5% increase, not even that. better stay with 1GB.

hrmm.... no one complained about 4400's and 4800's.. and a e6300 does better than both.... so the gpu would not be waiting on the cpu..... and staying with 1 gb is NOT better.... when i played bf2 with 1 gig it would lag everyonce in a while with my 7900gt.. then when i threw in my 2nd gig that problem seemed to disappear...

anyway, i think you made the right move, and thats an awesome system you got, the only complaint i have is that your psu isnt so good... but other than that.. enjoy it man

One thing I would like to point out, there isn't any RAM that runs at 1-1-1-6, the closest is GEIL one which is 1.5-2-2-5 which is PC3200.

CPU's can be overclocked and Conroe has been proven to go over 3ghz with ease.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2802&p=10

2gibs of RAM makes a PC feel soo much more responsive.

And it is SATAII - not that it makes a difference other than burst speed.

Nos, it is Enermax which is a good PSU - not the best but good. - Just had a look at the wattage, 420 is taking it a bit close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom