XPpro/SP2 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
I have a 64 bit AMD CPU and wanted to try out the 64 bit version of XPpro/SP2

On Microsoft I found I could download and make a CD of an ISO file (558MB)

But I have no idea how to turn this ISO file into something like a normal 32 Bit XP/SP2 CD.

I need a bit of hand holding please.

Blind_Arrow. I have Nero 7 but haven't a clue how to make a proper installable CD from the ISO CD.

Turtile

It is burnt to CD as an ISO file

In Nero, go to the top bar, click recorder, then click on burn image

Select the ISO file and it will make the disc

Yes I did this but got XPpro/SP1 only not SP2 version which I cannot find on Microsofts site. This was not made clear on their download page.

u install SP after installation, as I have a MS Home with SP1, I had to install SP2 later on. though my Xp_pro came with SP2 aleady in.

you'll be needing a key for that, though there is another process to embed Service Pakcs in installation CD's. callled "Slip Streaming", but it s pretty complicated, or I would have told you in detail.

But is there a 64 bit SP2? And is possible either to remove SP1 from the 64 bit version or install over it?

I am sure that all SP2 works same on every type of XP O/S. weather 32-bit or 64-bit.

you cannot uninstall the Embedded SP's, new SP's cover the old ones anyway. but like in case you came with no SP installed, then you coulod have gone straight for SP2 installation, rather than going for SP1 then SP2.

The download is actually 2003 version XPpro/SP! and I do remember the problems I had with installing SP2 on top.
I had to use a bare XPpro then install SP2, though now I have a 32 bit Xppro/SP2 CD.

As I have and AMD 4400+ 64 bit CPU I thought of having an attempt. Or, in your opinion, should I go straight for Vista RC1 if there is a 64 bit bersion????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom