what does this error mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
I was looking at the event viewer in the administrative tools folder and found MANY errors. The event numbers are 7011 and 7023 and state it's the service control manager. These errors are occouring each day at various times. I went through the help and support center link when i double clicked the error message and then went to the MS website. I didnt' undertand a thing the web was telling me to do. I did go and check in my device manager as it stated and everything is fine in there. I just did a complete reformat last saturday.....whats up with this computer!!???

Ok, so i checked that website and it tells me the same thing as did the help link in the error info box. I do not really know what it's telling me. Fromt what i can tell is that I have a program that is attempting to get onto the internet and something is stoping it.....right? Is it a problem if i just leave it? nothing had happened to my computet so far...humm....maybe i'll shut down zone alarm.....i'm wondering if ZA is blocking my AV. BUt if i just leave it and not worry about it could that cause a problem?

Are you on dial up? Do you have a port conflict? Are you otherwise disconnected from the internet when something scheduled within a program (like AV update) is set to run? You may not have something scheduled within windows itself, but your program may have a task scheduled. I know my AV is set to Update, then scan every night starting at 2. You could always do a port scan and see what programs are causing your traffic.

I think i found out that the firewall was causing it. I stopped Zonealarm and I haven't had an error since. I think Bitdefender was being denyed access to the net. It never had trouble updating on it's own though. I'm getting ready to do away with bitdefender, so hopefully when i get my new AV it'll work ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom