Which MOBO?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOODY_BRUM_BAS

Baseband Member
Hi Guys

I'm after a little help I'm new to the building game so I need pointing in the right direction.

I'm going to have the new Intel Dual Core 2 6400 and am looking for a motherboard that will be compatible, i'm also going to getting a EVGA gefore 7900GT KO (which i may, in the future want to run with another {SLI}).

The two I am looking at are the

Asus P5B Deluxe (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard (MB-150-AS)

and the

Asus P5N32-SLi SE Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16 (Socket 775) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-174-AS)

any help would be appreciated.

The above in brackets are the product codes from overclockers.co.uk.

Many thanks
Matt Saunders

either get P5W series board (its on 975x intel chipset), or wait for nVidia to bring nForce5 series, as they did for AMD. its far advanced than 975 even.

what the 975x?

i can't wait for anything else as im gonna be getting the parts this week.

just looking for a good motherboard really that will take the new dual core 2 duo and that i can run two graphics cards on (at a later date).

Or shall i just go for the one graphics card slot, the 7900gt ko can probably hold its own for a while can't it?!!

975X is the newest chipset out of Intel. the one you mentioned is 955 (its pretty old), 975X is far most only to accept 2 graphic cards (ATi Cross Fire Editions only).

or, even you can go for 965 series chipset, it as well as good as 975. as recently Quad Core Intel is rested on 965 series chipset.

also, if you are looking for nVidia's Dual, then nForce4 is the ultimate choice, as NVidia's chipsets wont support ATi cards, and Intel's own wont support nVidia's in Dual Assembly..

also, 1 PCI-E car will work @ X16, whilst 2 will work on X8 each. do your maths. using 2 cards wont bring significant performance upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom