Drivers & New Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
Ok well I am in need of a new video card and I was wondering a few things, I got the range of about 100 and looking off of newegg they don't got such bad cards for that price they got three options the 7600GS (no name brand) a X1600PRO (named brands) they also got a 512 Memory one or a x800GTO (powercolor). I was wondering if the Drivers for ATi still suck *** and what is more important as in speeds memory or core clock or pipelines, I am pretty sure pipelines is first and the memory is second and then core but I am unsure. I was also wondering what would you get out of those three choices, I am thinking of the x800GTO and what are the chances of getting one NOW with me able to unlock those extra pipes on that card (I am almost sure they can on that card unlike the other cards)

Ok can i ask u something (and please dont get mad at me) but have you ever used ATI drivers? If you have and u had problems with them then i can see if you say they suck, but if u haven't u have no right to say they suck. I hate when ppl say ATI drivers suck cuz they dont, their not as good as nvidias, but they are improvin.

As for a card, for cards like that i'd say the 7600GS (try and get a GT if you can). But generally the 7600GS is better according to tom's hardware VGA charts: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Well, all i can say is do some research and look at benches. If i were you, i would stick with ATIs 1K series cards since the drivers currently have no issues (well mine doesnt with my 1900XT). And i do have to say, i had many problems with my old 6600GT and its drivers.

Try doin a yahoo/google search of like "X800 vs. 7600GS" or something, thats wut i normally do.

o yea sry about hte whole ATI/Driver thing, my mistake, i've just seen ppl say ATI drivers sucked and they've nvr used them before and it makes me real mad

Yea well I am using an older ATi card since Dfi didn't have onboard video. I am getting mixed feelings on which card is better.

I have a Sapphire x800GTO, and my friend has a Powercolor x800GTO. Very nice cards. I get about 50FPS in all high settings in BF2.

It runs a bit toasty though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom