Raid Striping Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-tek

Baseband Member
Okay so i got this customer who has 2 400 gig harddrives, setup as in raid stripe configuration, he wants all the data transferred onto a single harddrive, so i hook the two hard drives up to a Sony Vaio with a raid adapter built in, Pentium D, 1 Gig of ram..a pretty good machine, now when i turn the computer on, it takes a long time to get anywhere, and i get stuck at the Windows loading screen, and the processor light on the front of the computer, is a steady glow of orange for a while, so i hooked up only 1 of the 2 hard drives, and i could only get into windows through Safe Mode, and i initialized the harddrive, when i try to just hook up the 2nd harddrive, it doesnt even go to safe mode...any ideas, or is that hard drive toast ?

dipique said:
You can't always switch hardware and have it boot up fine. Use a boot CD instead.

Dan

exactly. and it will only then if you tranfer the data to one of the exact same kind of raid drive.

use the boot cd to copy only the important data of them and then have them reformat the drive.

or put them back in their original computer and so it can boot up.add another drive and then copy the important files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom