Tv Tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
I never really considered this till now; seeing that if I do swap my mobo that I'm not entirely limited to what I have so I'm goign to throw what ever I want in...

Anywayssss, for now.

I just got a video card and now I want a tv tuner, and I've seen cards that allow that...so I'm curious, can I add a tv tuner that doesn't neccessarily have to be part of a video card?

I haven't looked at the online stores yet. I got homework. I'm just wondering though because I'm running out of slots >_>

Though I'll check soon. I just want some feedback .

i would suggest a hauppage tv-tuner PCI card rather than a USB kind. Ive got the PCI one in my rig and its flawless.

Records tv to ur computer so no need to get TiVo!

well, he had a desktop for sure, but USB card comes with external decoder when recording, whilst an internal card has to reply on the decorder chip on graphics card. pplus the one I mentioned with USB is a award winning product.

Thanks. I'll have to see how many pci slots I have left, I still haven't noted if my graphic boards uhhh grill? is taking up a slot.

EDIT: Well that's kinda uhh inconvenient. I have two PCI slots and one PCIe slot..and one small stubby looking black thingy I dunno about.

Well I only have one pci slot available because of the stupid graphics board >< *cries*. Lol

So in conclusion, I'm only entitled to USB interface because I'll be using a soundcard, it really is a waste though, just because of the physical feature of my graphics board, i lost one pci slot (that and the actualy pcie slot that my board is connected to)

USB = crap bandwidth = poor quality

Go for PCI or PCI-E (I don't think they make PCI-E ones yet, but with HDTV and everything, I'm sure they will be out soon)

well, OK, USB has crap bandwidth, where do you think he'll be putting in his TV-Tuner card?

PCI remains the only solution so far unless some PCI-E slot is available more over PCI-E clot card is out in market.

Now PCI's Bandwidth (assuming he is not on very old motherboard), is if using a 32-Bit 66MHz PCI slot, maximum potential bandwidth is 266MB/s, whilst USB 2.0 comes with 480MB/s. does that makes USB card slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom