ATI or nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardopowers

Baseband Member
Which would be better a SAPPHIRE 100149 Radeon X1900XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card or a BFG Tech BFGR79512GTOCE Geforce 7900GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Both are excelent cards, although i would go with the 1900XT. Excelent card, great OCer, amazin quality. IDK how hot in runs with the stock cooler since i replaced it with a Zalman VF900 and its silent.

gurusan said:
??? 512 vs 512
lol. anyway, i say nvidia because im just an nvidia person. i always hear people complaining about driver issues with an ati card. i think there are two major ones (catalyst and ???), and neither fully support everything, i think. i never owned an ati card or messed with their drivers, so im not sure. but when i think ati, i think of driver **** lol.
edit: h3ll isn't a bad word.. its in the bible lol. anyway, yea i meant driver h3ll.
edit 2: my point exactly. http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122310 posted right on this forum its about one thread below this one at time of this posting. the first guy refrenced to ati crappy drivers.
edit 3: actually that whole post is about ATI's bad drivers.

i used ATi X1XXX series, didnt felt like seeing a graphics quality difference, so I bought nVidia. and its cool. so if you'll go for nVidia, better buy eVGA's card, they come with Life Time warranty.

WOW ATI DRIVERS DONT SUCK! yea maybe the old drivers for the old cards, but the new drivers don't. I have not had any problems with my drivers. And to tell you the truth, i had a major problem with my old 6600GT and it drivers. so i ask you nicely, pls dont say ATI drivers suck inless u have used them before.

Heres Tom's Hardware VGA Chart, take a look at it: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

The 1900XT is the way to go i think, can easily be OCed to an XTX and its super fast and the quality is amazing. And the drivers are good too (i'm usin latest drivers with an NF4 s939 DFI, works great.)

Thanks guys for all your help but I think I will step up to the X1900XTX whitch is only $350 or something, then I will just oc that to make it even better.

I've been looking at that card too. Does anybody know how MSI's graphic cards? Cause I think I found a pretty good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom