blue error screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
the pagefile technic doesnt work and the chkdsk went fine.
my page file is:

Initial Size mb: 672
maximum size: 1344
is this right ?

the memtest86 is soo confusing and retarded , how do i use this thing?
i read the READ me part but still i dont get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i remember rightly you just put a blank floppy in the drive, run the program, then boot from the floppy.

I really think its that simple, though admittedly I havent done it for a month or two.

May as well let windows manage your page file size.

Edit: Yeah, just tried it, its extreamly simple. I'll spell out some steps for you:

1) Format a floppy and put it in your floppy drive (Drive A: ?)

2) Extract the memt32.zip somewhere

3) double left click on the install.bat file

4) When prompted type your floppy drive letter (A: )

5) when asked for a blank disk hit enter

6) reboot, enter your CMOS

7) change Boot order to floppy first

8) save and exit BIOs

9) sit back and watch memtest do its thing... let it run for an hour or untill you get errors.

ya i did wat u said but when it tried booting from the floppy can't load. anyway itsNOT the RAM because i tried a different RAM diagnostic called:
Microsoft Memory Diagnostic
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
i took it to the extended test instead of the standard and it was running over couple days now so i quite but i seems to be fine it said NO Errors have Been Found.
looks like the memory is fine but the HD is 70% dead is there anyway to fix this HD my programming or is it permenent?

yes, windiag is good too, I always used to use that before i found memtest86.

Anyway, so we can rule out the RAM. looks like It might well be your Hdd at fault, this was always the most likely senario.
Have you tried reinstalling yor mobo chipset drivers/software? its possible that your ATA driver might be corrupt.

Also, download the diag soft from seagate and give it a go here

ya i did install the newest drivers for my system and still the same problem but i found out the main problem it was my HDD the whole ~time~ i ran this program 4 two days : HDD Regeneration v1.51 and found out that the sectors on it were SCREWED like ****.
yesterday there were 34 sectors bad the following morning ~103~ and if i were to leave it on til it finishes there would be more

Time for a New HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom