dropped CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
i have a Redhat Linux 8 CD. i dropped the 1st disk facing the data surface on the floor.

when i scanned it for media test it failed. the other disks were fine.

i tried using Nero CD speed to scan the disk's surface area. it reported a 0.11% damaged part.

when i runned the installer from that disk, anaconda could not continue copying files to the hard drive.

it said that could be due to bad media, corrupted file, or missing file. the iso image of that disk was downloaded from the net. i checked the file size and the necessary files included in CD1 from the Redhat website and they were all fine, 644 MB.

now my suspicion is that it was due to bad media. any suggestions to fix this?

you can buy this clear paste thats you polish onto the disk and it fills all the scratches, apart from burining or snapping a disk they are quite versatile

you haven't? if you have a worthless CD-r disc take a flathead screwdriver and scrape the label side over some old newspaper. you would see that it comes off like silvery glitter.

but he said he dropped it data faced down, he would have had to tread on it or something to tear the top of the disk

ChaosBlizzard said:
Well thats why, I dont buy worthless media. I buy verbatim, or fujifilm.

I've never had good luck with verbatim CD-R's. 3 years ago I backed up my entire CD library on verbatims. I stored them correctly, didn't hardly move them. They were worthless 2 years after I burned them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom