PSU for build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess around 400-500 or a little over watts would be sufficient for an E6600, 7900 GT, Audigy 2 ZS, whatever Hard Drive, 2 DVD burners, and some fans

yea, but your graphics card will be one of the biggets factor, i know my friend requires a 550 watt one.

Dont worry about the wattage as much as you should on the Rails.

Check the 12V rails.

Most now are dual, so have at least 26 on each if its dual, and Quad, 18 is acceptable.

out of all those, the FSP fortons, enermax, and seasonic are the most reliable and good quality. Take a look at a OCZ Gamexstream too, awsome PSU. Dont forgot about Antec either, they make good reliable PSUs for pretty cheap.

Well, the enermax and seasonic both have 2 +12V rails while the OCZ has 4 +12V rails. For the money, i think the OCZ would be the best bang for your buck. And also, if for some odd reason 600W isnt enough, OCZ makes a 700W gamexstream version thats the same price as the enermax and seasonic if not cheaper, but go for the 600W one.

for the amps, heres a little chart/layout/thingy
OCZ: 4 +12V rails, 18A each
Seasonic: 2 +12V rails, 18A each
Enermax: 2 +12V rails, 18A each

So why pay more, for less total power? the OCZ has more watts, and +12V amps then both the seasonic and enermax and is cheaper.

I have the OCZ and its awsome. I kno i dont use all the wattage, but i like power ;).

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I'll go with the OCZ as it seems to have the most power and stability for less money. Even I can do the simple math that 600 watts and 4 12v rails at 18A each is plenty. At least I know that I'll be able to power almost anything i want. And it glows blue which fits the theme of my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom