Intel VS AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0rga

Baseband Member
I was wondering what you guys thought was the best for gaming out of the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600 and the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400. They roughly the same price but i've heard that the new intels wipe the floor with AMD. Can anyone suggest the best one?

The Core 2 Duo chips would be better than the AM2 ones...but AMD is planning on releasing 4x4 in a little bit, which would give you 4 cores, so i would suggest waiting for that (i dont' like Intel that much)

core 2 duo, ive heard that they beat amd hands down, just go with what is the best chip, dont stick with one company. you could wait for the quad cores to come out, but that may be a couple months.

4 cores?

Wow 4x4 cores? I read intel is also trying the same... any idea when they might be released? I'll get one if they are cheap enough or just buy a Dual core that would have dropped in price.
Also i heard DDR II ram is set to fall in price too any ideas when that may be?

4x4? aha, try affording it. ^^

I'm predicting is going to be rather expensive.

You can get two dual cores in an apple g5 >_>

I just read that the new 4 core Intel chips are coming out in november just a little bit before Amd's 4x4 do you guys reckon it will push Core 2 and 64 x 2 processor prices down?

M0rga said:
I just read that the new 4 core Intel chips are coming out in november just a little bit before Amd's 4x4 do you guys reckon it will push Core 2 and 64 x 2 processor prices down?

Yes.

Right now:

Any Core 2 Duo > Any AMD Athlon

Intels and AMD's quad-cores will be out around January if I'm not mistaken.

late 2006 for intels quad cores. You should try searching "Intel VS AMD". You'll get more results than you care to read.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom