Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
man im not real sure some 1 correct me if im wrong BUT.... ur MB supports 667 and the ram is 667 so it should work.... the voltage thing i dont no about but i think it should work....I have 667 ddr2 ram and it is 1.8v Corsair ram though...mabe a typo? or .1volt really make a diff?

BuddyRo said:
man im not real sure some 1 correct me if im wrong BUT.... ur MB supports 667 and the ram is 667 so it should work.... the voltage thing i dont no about but i think it should work....I have 667 ddr2 ram and it is 1.8v Corsair ram though...mabe a typo? or .1volt really make a diff?

haha I don't know if it will make a difference but might as well be safe than sorry right?

hey man just reserched my mobo and ram... its the same as urs.. ram 1.9v mobo 1.8v... SOOO it will be fine...

OCZ doesn't list that as one of their recommended modules for that board, and none of the recommended ones are PC5400. I didn't see anything regarding the voltage there.

I went to Crucial and they also don't recommend a PC5400 module, but all of the modules that they recommend a 1.8V.

That modules may work, but it probably is underclocking to work in that board. If you are going to be using the two modules in dual channel I wouldn't suggest going that route. I would go with what the RAM manufacturers suggest, all of the good one have a configurator that will find your proper modules.

I am biased and prefer Crucial, I have never had a problem with their modules.

Check out their suggested modules here.

OCZ's are listed here.

At the OCZ site you can click on the different modules and it will take you to the page listing the gold and plantinum modules.

I will work but it may not be able to get to the specified speed.

The memory must run @ 1.8v which will let it use less power = less speed possible.

turtile said:
I will work but it may not be able to get to the specified speed.

The memory must run @ 1.8v which will let it use less power = less speed possible.

so are you saying I should just go with some value ram instead or something?

Stick with the RAM you have. Its not much more than value ram. You may be able to get a few timings faster. You also get nice heatsinks.

turtile said:
Stick with the RAM you have. Its not much more than value ram. You may be able to get a few timings faster. You also get nice heatsinks.

well I only have 512 at the moment, so I was planning on getting at least another 512.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom