Corrupt file :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I stop overclocking my system I won't get this error? Is that what your saying? A definition would help rather than a straight criticism.

Syphanx said:
So if I stop overclocking my system I won't get this error? Is that what your saying? A definition would help rather than a straight criticism.

I give short straight answers. I don't type too good.

Ok I understand that, but if you don't explain that answer to me how am I supposed to utilise it at all? Simply, I can't. I can admit that I'm not a massive computer wizz, hence why I come on tech-forums for help, therefore don't know what all this CRC or Hash-code error is...
I'm not "jumping you", but rather just asking for a more detailed answer and if you can't do that then it's alright, but I'm sure someone else is willing to. Sorry if I got you all worked up :(.

it is never a good idea to overclock a computer and leave it like that continuously. strange things can happen.

Oh ok then. thanks.
So is there anything that I can do now to help fix the problem? Will reclocking my computer back to it's factory speed help at all? Or is it too late for that?

I hope so, I didn't even realize you had overclock your system. Might want to set it back to default, check out the problem again. Also, what about putting the file on a CD, try it out on another machine, see if it opens.

If not, the file is corrupted, if your friend can download the same file and it's not corrupted, then you should check your computer or your network connection. Both leads to data corruption.

EricB said:
it is never a good idea to overclock a computer and leave it like that continuously. strange things can happen.

Yes, that's a good point, EricB!

I didn't notice that Syphanx had overclocked the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom