Haywire!!! Heres The Story....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
ok i built a pc this firday.. .finished it totally.... got to the bios set it to boot the cd drive first and then i downloaded windows xp w/sp2.... so this is where the fun begins. IT worked no prob and we loaded all the mobo drivers the highspeed internet driver mouse keyboard driver printer driver and i believe that is all..... now we played on the comp for about an hour working great and that when i left.... now my uncle the man i bouild this pc for said wheni left he had loaded his digi camera drivers and software... which was fine... now i came back the next day to show off the computer and load the virus software that came free w/ comcast.... i loaded it and updated from the microsoft website 2 time because ther ewas that many updates... now this is when the first bSoD came up .. it said usmthing aobut the kodak driver... i took that off... theni booted it up and it ran for bout 10 min and another BSoD now i reboot and it goes into windows and BSOd then i changed the boot order from cd drive first to hdd first .. then that works for about 20 min and then it goes haywire.... i decided i would try to repair windows.... it wouldnt load from the disk it said that the disk could be damaged DAMAGED>>> it was on my desk and in the cd drive thats it! than i said ahh nowi got to redo xp . .so i attempt to reinstall xp when it says it cant format my hdd it might be damaged..... then i try all day.. and it says that the hdd could be damged or the disk is defective.... so todayi went aond bouht a new hdd and put that in ... starts to load ofrmats the drive and than the erro comes up canoont load this file from cd the cd may be damages i retry liuke 20 times and it gets stuck there... coudl this all be my cd drive. .or could i have a faulty cd and hdd .... if your confused.... write here ill try t oclarify.. and im finding my pc specs

LG Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI Super-Multi DVD Burner - OEM

APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-dreamerr ATXA9NW-BK/500 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

SCEPTRE X7g-Naga V Black 17" 8ms LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 500:1

DCT Factory OG-310 2.1 Speaker

rosewill keyboard mouse wireless

AMP 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Gigabyte GA-8I945P-G Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945P ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Celeron D 341 Prescott 3.2GHz 256KB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor switched out tha t sata drive with a maxtor 80gb hdd thats ultra ata to see aobut loading windows but it still does work ... any ideas?

1.Clean your CD with a lint free cloth, also if you have any scratches on the CD try to clear that up as best as you can. if there are scratches and looks pretty bad...... your screwed not unless you have another windows disc that you could try.

2.Try that first hard drive in another computer to see if it works, if it does then maybe bios is not recognizing the HD correctly. if it does not work..... then thats a dead HD up for shooting practice in the back yard. now for your new HD there should be no problem at all just make sure you have the HD as first primary master and it works correctly on boot up you'll be alright

well i cleaned the disk...... still no luck ... and im going to try the ald hdd in my pc... and then im tacking it to my a+ teacher to help so......

than i was thinking ... could it be the cd drive not reading th disk right? i tried a new cd drive but it was dead to begin wiht so.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom