build pc for 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
whats the best pc you can build for 1kMAX please do not go over
i know most people are sick of this but i need the best parts for this and im not too uptodate with the parts. i need this list asap so please help me

Centurion 5 Case- $50
AMD X2 3800+ AM2- $150
DFI Am2 motherboard- $95
GSkill 2GB DDR2 (2x1GB)- $150
PNY 7900GT- $250
Hiper 550W PSU- $99
DVD Burner- $30
Windows XP Pro Upgrade Academic Version- $84

Total - $908

It doesn't get any better than that.

why do people always put 3800+ in there supposed builds. I would love to know because the intel core 2 dou (i.e e6300 vs 3800x2) cpus are awsome and only a lil bit more expensive but everyone seems to put in the 3800+?:eek:

timblanchard said:
why do people always put 3800+ in there supposed builds. I would love to know because the intel core 2 dou (i.e e6300 vs 3800x2) cpus are awsome and only a lil bit more expensive but everyone seems to put in the 3800+?:eek:

because then they could get a cheaper mobo... and cheaper ram.. save some money you know? not everyone needs a conroe to get by... err allendale. .whichever you prefer

persianxballer said:
Centurion 5 Case- $50
AMD X2 3800+ AM2- $150
DFI Am2 motherboard- $95
GSkill 2GB DDR2 (2x1GB)- $150
PNY 7900GT- $250
Hiper 550W PSU- $99
DVD Burner- $30
Windows XP Pro Upgrade Academic Version- $84

Total - $908

It doesn't get any better than that.

sorry you can exclude case and os and do i really need 2 gigs of memory? could i get like 2x512mb and upgrade another part such as the mobo and is that the cheapest/decent psu?
sorry i didnt classify what i would be using this for. i wont be using this much for gaming but much as a more multimedia kinda thing. im having windows xp media center installed on it. so whats a good graphics card but in the like $150ish range so i can spend the other 100 on a good hdtv tuner card

oh and links would be useful too but if you dont have the time/dont want to then thats fine dont worry about it.

yea want to get 2 x 512mb any that you recommend also can i upgrade the mobo to some dfi lan party i want it to be uv sensative.

find the motherboard you want first then look for RAM. the motherboard i just ordered for my girlfriend's computer will only take 2.5V RAM, so find the mobo you want and read it's manual (available on the mobos website). i don't have any preferences on RAM, so can't help ya there, i use Buffalo on my computer and just ordered pqi for my girl's computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom