Conroe Mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Hmm...it doesn't even mention the DS3 which is what has been recommended to me by a lot of people. Is that a newer board?

2. It says 965 chipsets aren't good for OC'ing, but was that fixed for the P5B with the new bios?

3. Also says the DFI Infinity isn't good for OC'ing, but would future bios fix that or would they have to design a whole new board?

I know, I have a lot of questions :p Just want to get a grasp on all this stuff before I buy.

i have the MSI P965 Neo-F with my conroe build and it's fine for OCing. Have had no problems whatsoever. It was 120 CAD at NCIX when I got it

Ok, I'll look into that one too. Thanks. I'm still curious though, does the 975 chipset still run C2D's better than the 965? And is this difference very big or hardly noticeable? Someone here must know this stuff :p

i went with the DS3 with my build(which arives tomorow) ill let you know how well it goes. I got it because i wanna see how far i can push my conroe, and i don't plan on using SLI or crossfire.

Yeah, keep me posted if you can. Does Asus make better overall-quality boards than Gigabyte, or are they pretty comparable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom