Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, it darned on me now! OK, try to use the knife on two sides and try to pull it out...but not too hard that it will break the CPU in two.

yea well heres a pic of the proc attached to the hsf

cpueek.jpg

"i got it off yesterday, had to heat it up, and it popped off. got it back in my system with as5 now and am running 2.85-9 GHz easy. used oops remover on the heat spreader of the cpu only... had to in order to get the adhesive off. used isoproplyene alcohol to clean up. if it was ceramic die i would have been SOL but the heat spreader saved my 4400x2 =)
the actual processor heat spreader took a bit of a beating/scratching but it is running cooler than ever. oo and i swapped that POS TTblue orb II for a Zalman CNPS9500"

yea i put a foam pad that i use for resistors on it to protect it while i was working on it. the part that scared me the most was when it literlly POPPed off of the hsf.. and flew like 3 feet in the air. i dropped the hsf and the spacle and caught the sob before it hit the table. phew!

oh and its averaging 10-15 degrees C better than before =)

wow that was lucky. it would have been very easy for pin to be bent in that situation, or even pulled off altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom