Big issue concerning loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solitary_Ones

Baseband Member
I hope this place is the right place to post, if so good, of not I'm sorry.

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be proficient with computers, in fact I fail with them.

I have a pretty serious issue with my computer right now. In fact, it doesn't even work so I have to type this on my father's computer.

When I turn on the computer, I get the error "NO SIGNAL".

Then after a minute of just staring at a blank screen, it says "OUT OF RANGE."

Then the computer will just stay as a black screen forever. I even was posessed to the point of just using the restore disc, but that doesn't even show up anymore after putting it in. (Yes I know it has to be in before starting the computer.)

In short, the computer will not even load to the point it can be used.

As a side note if it will help; I was having a problem in which the resolution was messed up and I cold not find out how to change it back for the life of me. So I went to F1/F2 (which ever it is) that shows up when you start your computer and selected the option "Run original defaults" like an idiot, and since then my computer fails to start up.

And, after a while the same windows flag icon screensaver pops up, the same one that shows up on the "Log on to your account screen."

Someone please tell me what to do. I can't afford a new computer, not to mention losing all my files. Thank you.

reset the CMOS.

1. On the motherboard there is a small watch battery. Remove this battery along with the power cable from the power supply. Hold down the power button to fully discharge the system. Wait 2-3 minutes then reinstall the battery and plug in your system. Your reset is now complete

2. Some motherboards have a 3 pin jumper by the battery. Lets say that the jumper is on pins 2 and 3. Remove the jumper while the machine is OFF and place onto pins 1 and 2. Power on your machine for a minute. (Note: Your system will not POST). Shutdown your machine and put the jumper back to pins 2 and 3. Your reset is now complete

that should fix it if it doesn't post back

I'm really sorry, I appreciate you answering, but in truth, I didn't understand most words. Simpler terms, please?

Well, I replaced the battery, and the same thing happenned. I'll try the second option later.Later.

my guess is try another monitor and see if that helps (your current one could be the problem), i've had problems like this before (through my stupidity) but never this severe

jcortes said:
reset the CMOS.

1. On the motherboard there is a small watch battery. Remove this battery along with the power cable from the power supply. Hold down the power button to fully discharge the system. Wait 2-3 minutes then reinstall the battery and plug in your system. Your reset is now complete

that should fix it if it doesn't post back

Well, the first time I had not held the "power button to fully discharge the system", I tried it again but it wasn't any use. Still in the same situation as before.

COD2_fanatic said:
my guess is try another monitor and see if that helps (your current one could be the problem), i've had problems like this before (through my stupidity) but never this severe

Yeah, I might want to try that later. I'll get back to you on that.

first try the monitor in a different system then if that works replace the graphics card.

Try a different video card or pop out the battery on the motherboard. Make sure you unplug the PC aswell. After a couple of seconds put it back and plug the PC.

jcortes said:
first try the monitor in a different system then if that works replace the graphics card.

Wait, I replace the monitor as opposed to using the defective computer with another monitor? I don't have another graphics card actually, just the one I used from someone's old computer.

lhuser said:
Try a different video card or pop out the battery on the motherboard. Make sure you unplug the PC aswell. After a couple of seconds put it back and plug the PC.

I tried the second part and it didn't work. Is the video card the same thing as the graphics card?

Also, will this delete my files or anything?

Video card is the same as graphics card, yes.

No, it won't delete your files. It's just resetting the way the PC was indicated to boot. Most of us leave it default or tweaked to own settings.

lhuser said:
Video card is the same as graphics card, yes.

No, it won't delete your files. It's just resetting the way the PC was indicated to boot. Most of us leave it default or tweaked to own settings.

Hm, replace the graphics card.... I only have one, if I just took it out would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom