AMD 64/ECS mobo no boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skodster

Solid State Member
Hi All,

I am reasonably experienced with computers and have managed to sort many issues with the computers I have had in the past but this has got me foxed.

I have just built am AMD 64 3800 with a ECS KN1SLI Extreme mobo and a PNY Geforce 7600GT card.

The bootup is hit and miss and when it does, it won't boot past the bios setup screen. I reset the boot sequence to CDROM and tried to boot up on the XP disc. It could only get some of the drivers loaded before it hung. I tried again and again and it got a bit further each time before hanging. I then left it for a while, switched off, and then it took three attempts to boot to the POST screen.

Has anyone encountered problems with these components?

Let me know?:(

Let me tell you something: ECS boards are cheaply and poorly made. The motherboard or BIOS may be bad. RMA it or get a refund to buy a better board.

OK - Here is an update.

I am not sure whether you are right about the quality of ECS motherboards. I have read some reasonably good reports about them and they are on the AMD recommended boards list. But, I stand to be corrected!

I took the whole thing back to PC World this morning. I don't think they know what is wrong either! They tried a new MB and this didn't sort the problem out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom