Upgrades For BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IfYouHaveToAsk

In Runtime
Hi, just looking for some advice:

I've just got BF2 SF xpack and i'm really into BF2 at the moment and I was wondering what would be best (My current system is in my sig) to upgrade since i can play BF2 on medium settings at the moment but sometimes its a bit jerky.

My choices:

1) Spend £70 on another gig of ram
2) Spend £90 on a 3800 x2 processor
3) Spend £120 on a 7600gt
4) Save up and get a 7900gt

Would it be worth upgrading a x800 vanilla to 7600gt or not?

So what do you guys think is the key to better BF2 performance?

I would say the CPU... Your card is good for now... but I do think it's the CPU that will be holding you back now. It's trying to run an intensive game plus al the apps in the background...

Yah, I wouldn't necessarily think a game would be jerky at medium settings with one gig of ram.

So as he said, go with the cpu.

You ever thought of overclocking?

So would you agree that a 3800 and another gig of ram would be more beneficial than a new gfx card. I guess this way the whole computer will be more responsive.

BF2 runs best with 2GB of RAM. If you want to turn the settings up, then upgrade your graphics card. CPUs have little effect on gaming these days as I noticed little improvement in-game when upgrading from an Athlon 64 3200+ to an Opteron 165 at X2 4400+ speeds.

I agree with beedubaya...maybe just upgrade to a better gfx card, and get another gig of ram.

Hmm, a lot of the time it plays fine but when i run around a i get a little "stuttering" or it will pause occasionaly for half a second or so - usually at the beginning of the map. I guess this is due to not having enough ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom