Overclocking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeetdude

Solid State Member
I was trying to overclock my PC to the limit so I entered the BIOS setting and changed some setting. 133/33 mhz - 160-4/40mhz??and increased the voltage from 2.5v - 2.6v, 1.5v - 1.6v, 2.5v - 2.7v. I save and exit and my pc restarts as normal. This is where my problem starts...... so my PC restarts and the first thing that should happen as on almost all PC a black screen appears with a memory test, checks your hardware and gives you the option the enter the BIOS setting etc by pressing DEL or another button so you get the piont! When my PC restarts the screen stays blank and yes it is on. The monitor seems to be on standby.

Has anyone got any idea how to fix this and get my PC back on track??

CPU: XP 2000+

Thanks, Skeet

it looks like you arn't 'posting'. this happend to me the other day when i upped the fsb too high in one go. you gotta reset your cmos. this is just my first impression, you got more specs on your ram/mobo?
to reset your cmos, you are clearing your bios back to default speeds. i think all mobos do it differently. mine has a button on the board. read your manual for the mobo. you'll have to start ocing again from the begining. i would recommend only changing one thing at a time so you know where you go wrong! only up your fsb like 2-3 Mhz at a time... and thats until you get up there, then just 1 at a time.

did you go from stock to upping all that stuff?

Take out your battery on the mbaord for 5 mins, put it back it in and reboot...stop changing random numbers in your bios...spend a few days learning about overclocking before you try it :D

Thanks, Ive got quite an old motherboard, its Jetway V400DA and I have 2 x 512MB PC2100. Where abouts is the button on your motherboard??

Thanks for your advise vaderpro but I have taken out the mother board battery for over 5mins put it back in and still it will not start!

Fixed it!! Long story short I disconected all the power!!

Thanks cwiz and vaderpro!! I don't what id do with out this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom