Speaker 'popping'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey all, I recently bought a new set of 2.1 speakers (Creative i-Trigue 3400) and have been having a few problems with 'em. First of all the sound is excellent, far better than my previous speakers, as is the base from the rather massive sub.

My problem however stems from the fact that every now and again they make a 'popping/crackling' sound which lasts in the miliseconds, but is noticable none-the-less. This happens when gaming, or when playing music, never when my speakers are 'dormant'. It seems that this sound always comes from the left hand speaker, never the right. So I assumed the left speaker must be a bit 'dodgy', so I swapped the two speakers, the left going to the right, and the right going to the left, and then re-wired them into the sub appropriately. The popping sound still happens, and STILL from the left hand side speaker.

I'm just wondering what the **** could be causing this. My sub is about metre from my LCD monitor, and the speakers are magnetically shielded, so surely it couldn't be because of the monitor. My wireless router is next to the right hand speaker, as their is no where else to put it, but as I mentioned, thats not from where the sound problem originates.

I've done loads of trial and error with my soundcard, and nothing so far has worked.

Can anyone suggest what could be the cause of problem, or whether it could just be faulty speakers I need to send back?

(the sound does not occur on my head-phones, or on my old speakers)

It sounds like you have done all of the logical things to try to solve this, since they are new and still under warranty I would suggest calling Creative and ask one of their techs for some help. This way you have started a dialogue in case you want/need to RMA it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom