Can't find Harddrives? (Virus or hardware problem?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
one of my computer just suddenly died yesterday and i am trying to figure out what the problem is
My XP has totally died, it just give me the blue screen saying there is a problem and might be virus and ask me to scandisk. But I can't do that as it just stuck at the blue screen unless i reboot

when i boot the computer, it says "Detecting primary master drive: WD....., Detecting primary slave drive:WD........, Detecting CD drive:....."
Usually when it is normal, it doesn't have the word detecting to go with it. After detecting for a few seconds, it would say "Primary slave drive fail" even if the drive is found above. Sometimes same thing would happen with the master drive.
This is very weird, i thought its a virus problem and i am trying to scan the comp from my 98 (C drive). If the master drive fail, then i won't be able to access 98. If works sometimes and if it doesn't, i just boot until it works (the drive is detected).

I am not sure if its a virus problem and hardware problem. It seems like the comp has trouble detecting the harddrives for some reason.
Can anyone help? Thanks

btw, i have already formatted my D drive (XP drive) cuz i thought it was the virus.. but it still acting the same way. So maybe hardware problem?

Some updates: My master drive is divided into many drives. C is 98 system, D is xp (already formatted), E, F, G are for data.
My slave drive is gone as it says failed during the boot. Is it because my slave drive is damaged? But I can't seem to intall XP correctly as it always give me the blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom