fastest computer in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, you never know, could you imagine getting roughly a couple hundred Geforce 7950's or X1900s running in unison...o_O, you'd kill any game in the market today and i literally mean KILL, it would run so good you'd die of enjoyment

I always wondered if this post was for an apple computer...

ah, I remember those good ole mac ads claiming so, with the wonderful usage of "*"...and then you read what the "*" is for...and it was just for Photoshop Gausian Blur...

ah yes...merely one performance test in one category allows you to make such a claim...heehee...back to the real computing world.

Cell...the DBZ of computing :D

yea, gaming would be a no-go on that thing. it would probebly have a specially written OS etc.

yeah so far its fastest, as before that fastest i knew was NEC's cluster @ 35 Giga Flops, and this one is on 1.6 petaflops.

and it doesnt needs water cooling, as its not like one processor running, there will be in thousands. as when AMD came with Opetron Processor, the Kray Inductries (Supercomputer manufacturer), bought 16000 AMD Opetrons for their new Kray Unit. so this must as well be having nearly 20,000+

UPDATE, yup, its running 131,072 processors (but descriptionsays some 144,000 = 16000 Standard + 16000 cells each with 8, means 128,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom