case modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

crspii

In Runtime
building a computer at beggining of the summer.
most of the parts already picked out, but some still being overlooked. i wanna make modding it basically a hobby of mine, and when it comes to case modding, i dont know much.

wat size case should i get? full or mid-ATX tower?
wat material do u recommend?
i dont want a premodded case, but wat brands do any of you recommend? and should i basically jsut get a plain case with maybe a window, and then mod all the stuff like glossiness and window, and bezel appereance later? thats what i want to get into, but i dont know what case to start out with.

any suggestions?

The Xaser III made by thermaltake is a good one. It is made out of aluminum. If you dont get that, get another full size case. I dont like mid size cases anymore. There too small and you dont have enough room to do stuff in it.

I say the best way to start out is to use a not-to-expensive case. My first mod was on a $30 plastic case, it wasn't the best to work with but I saved myself from making some costly mistakes on a nicer expensive case. Also get yourself a nice dremel they are indispensable for modding.

yea good point. If you have modded cases before and you know what ur doing, have the right tools and you are good with the dremel or a rotary tool.. then get the case that u want. But if u dont and u have not done it before.. then i would get a piece of crap case and practice on that.

cool thx. yeah i wanted just a 30 or so case. btw those thermal take xasers arent moddable... they premodded. well.. im sure u can still mod them a little, but u know wat i mean.

wow that modding was sooo good. can u do stuff like that?
lemme get a pic of ur modded comp if it is modded atm.

which case on newegg would you like to mod? i cant decide, im totally new to this and dont know wat to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom