Video Card or Ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
I have about 150 bucks right now. I have a 1-gig stick of Kingston Hyper-x ram. I got single channel so i could upgrade when i had the chance (money). I also bought a 6800xt to hold me over until dx10. So, what would u do? Save the money for a dx10 card, or go ahead and get another gig of ram ($105)?

Will u have to have windows vista to use dx10?

ya.. i also go with ram.. i found a noticeable difference in games such as bf2 and fear when i had 2 gigs of ram.... at first i was skepticle and blamed my 7900.. but then when i popped the 2nd gig in.. all was well.... well of course, that was before my x1900xt...

yes dx10 is only being made for vista so far

that doesn't mean you will need Vista. DX9 was released well after Windows XP and there is nothing to stop you installing it on Windows 98.

get the ram ur psu wont support dx10 cards they use up to 300wats by thems sleves thats alot compared to 115 for a 7950gw2

i seriously doubt that. graphics cards while becoming more powerful are also becoming more power efficient.

Amd gt player said:
get the ram ur psu wont support dx10 cards they use up to 300wats by thems sleves thats alot compared to 115 for a 7950gw2
Woah! Thats insane... It's almost like it needs a dedicated PSU lmao!! Think about having two in SLi. Thats more than my 650w can handle even!

Oh btw, nosboost, your PM box is full. I sent you an email but you didn't get that I assume lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom