Earasing personal info

Status
Not open for further replies.

denysy1

Baseband Member
Hi,

I am selling my laptop, and I was wondering if there is some kind of program that could easily erase any of my personal information on the hard drive. This laptop had the windows pre-installed so i can't just reinstall it.

would it be possible to get an os cd like if this is a dell, hp ect you should be able to call them and get an OS cd from them. also if this laptop is new they often times include a recovery partition that you can boot to and restore the computer.

use something like ccleaner to delete all your tracks and junk files the use something like hdcleaner to write several passes of random bits to your empty space

using an OS cd sounds easier, but is it possible to use a different windows cd then the one that was used during instalation?

just use crap cleaner .. and clean everything ..
then formatt ur hard disk ... and u will have a very clean lap top !

JinkX said:

He can do the CCleaner part, but he doesn't have a recovery disk.

JinkX said:

ya if you read the whole thing it says he doesnt have th os disk.

talldude123 said:
He can do the CCleaner part, but he doesn't have a recovery disk.

And wouldn't reformatting the disk erase everything, and make CCleaner scan useless?

Also, I have a sata hard drive so i have to install the hd driver manually before installing the OS. Is it possible to do it using a CD? I know it can be done using a floppy disk on a desktop, but my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive.

denysy1 said:
And wouldn't reformatting the disk erase everything, and make CCleaner scan useless?

i was just about to say that. see if you can get your hands on a os cd you will be able to format the drive just using the cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom