Lite-On Lightscribe DVD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Hey guys, my roommate got this DVD-RW drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106015
For his new machine, now the problem is the fact that no matter what we do to try and get the ******* up and running it will NOT work, I have tried drivers, tried resetting it but it just will not work.

I have set it to the master and plugged it in with another DVD drive set as slave into the IDE plugin into the motherboard (it has one IDE plugin).

Am I doing something incorrect or is it something I am missing?

Thanks for your help guys.

what do you mean is doesnt work?... is it not finding it at all... or is it comin up with an error saying you need a "dvd decoder"? in this case you might try a program that plays dvd movies (i recently had to do this for a laptop that said "windows 2000 compatible dvd decoder required.")

No, Windows itself is NOT finding the DVD-RW lightscribe drive, the BIOS sees it, but windows does not.

When we go into device manager it says it is disabled, but when we go to enable it it says windows cannot enable the drive, what is the problem?

Omg I have this exact same problem!!
Same drive, same sale, same lack of detection from windows.
any help please!

1. Did that

2. Did that but the drivers I downloaded will not load because it cannot be enabled by windows.

Yes, but it is disabled and cannot be enabled.

OK, try this:

uninstall the drive. Reinstall it. If it pops something, get the location of the driver manually and force it to install...or uninstall device, install drivers, click refresh in Device manager and it should work. If that doesn't, let us know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom