How can I find my xp cd key???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you put rockxp on an external hdd then used knoppix to run it and see what happens...

Could you guys point me in the right direction for finding the key with Linux? I have never ever used linux and don't know where to start.

to be honest, I'm not really sure it's possible. My main thinking was that with linux you can explore your drive and hope for the best.

you may see if there's some kind of program that can run through linux to do it, but I don't know of any, sorry :(

Uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Is there any chance that the key could still be there? It was a repair install so I didn't format the drive.

Those programs are good and all but don't you need to be in windows for them to work?
I can't get into windows.

Can you remove the drive, slave it into another box, then use one of those programs to find it? I don't know, I am just throwing out ideas. I have not used those programs mentioned.

Do you have another product key? Enter it in just to complete the installation, then when you activate it change the product key to the correct key (you can contact the customer and have it done in five minutes).

If you don't have a key, PM me. I have an old hacked key that doesn't work but will give you the 30-day activation period to find a valid key.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom