Buy Dual Nvidia 7600 GT or Dual 7900 GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdsrope

Baseband Member
Buy Dual Nvidia 7600 GT or Dual 7900 GT? Sorry if the question is a bit vague, I know everyone will say go for the 7900GT.

But the reason im asking is the dual 7900GT costs around £160 more. & i wont be overclocking the system and I only play games such as black and white 2 and other games such as command & conquer series, (Even will be playing the new 1 released in feb 07) So just wondering which dual cards I should really go for since i dont play very hard core graphical games.

There isnt a huge difference between them is there? both in SLI
Since i dont play really hardcore games.

well instead of wasting your money on SLI, just get 1 7900gt, or wait like I think 2 weeks and get a 7950gt. IT will cost less then those in SLI.

lancec2c30 said:
well instead of wasting your money on SLI, just get 1 7900gt, or wait like I think 2 weeks and get a 7950gt. IT will cost less then those in SLI.

Oooh a single 7900GT is better then two Dual 7600GT in SLI configuration??

I thought the dual 7600GT would beat a single 7900GT. doesnt it?

Oh another question instead of getting an single 7900GT, would it be better to get an 512MB nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX? instead of a single 7900GT and also better then a dual 9600GT in SLI configuration? Please Advise.

if these are the ONLY games you'll be playing you really should settle for a single 7900gt or at the most a 7900gtx, unless you have really deep pockets. i'm figuring you do have a reasonable amount of money so my advice is that you go with a single 7900gt, save the rest of your money and then some. then buy one of the next generation cards a few weeks after release

nitestick said:
if these are the ONLY games you'll be playing you really should settle for a single 7900gt or at the most a 7900gtx, unless you have really deep pockets. i'm figuring you do have a reasonable amount of money so my advice is that you go with a single 7900gt, save the rest of your money and then some. then buy one of the next generation cards a few weeks after release

Well the problem being Im not building the computer myself but customising the components i want in my machine and buying it all ready made for me, (Costs more but saves me the hassle and i get warrenty) but thats another topic, but betting back to topic

I only really have 3 choices in customising the machine on the site im ordering from. either its

Dual 7600GT in SLI configuration (Basic card in system so no extra cost)
Dual 7900GT in SLI configuration (£160 most cost to system)

or

512mb 7900GTX (£85 cost more to system)

So I can only make my choice out of them and not a single 7900GT so please can u hint me in the right direction for the 1 i should buy.

Also added the prices it will cost me extra to the system depending on whicheva card I decide to select.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom