New case, Power problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the same scenario occurs with both PSU's - than only means that psu isn't the problem obviousely. Both of them are overloaded when turned on, and then they shut down.
Anyway, i't probably motherboard , but you still can try to isolate (and maybe fix) the problem. Unplug everything from the motherboard, including memory,video, ide cables(not sure about cpu though). Also unplug all cdroms hdd's , fd from the power supply, and turn the power on. Of course you can't expect a successfull POST (you guessed it) , but if power supply works continuosly and doesn't shut down - than you can plug your hardware back one by one and test each time untill you find the faulty one.

Alright I see. So if any of the hardware was messed up it could cause the computer from not starting up? Meh, I dont see how the motherboard could go bad from transferring it from one case to another.

I dont see how the motherboard could go bad from transferring it from one case to another.
Of coure it can. Think that your motherboard has thousand of connection paths between chips, and literally billions of transistor (inside the chips mostly). Even a slight bending braking one of these connections might be enough
That's a theory of course, Maybe you just missed something, and all the hardware is still OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom