cathodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
i wanted to put a 3 pin plug on instead of the molex on the cable that comes out the transformer thing of the cathodes, right, but it didnt work, can they only work on the molex, or did i screw up the really simple task of splicing some cables:confused:

while im here, ya know you can get those round ide cable for floppys with just 2 connectors on them, not the ones with slave and primary, just primary or whtever, can you get those for cd drives?

cheers:D

i believe they only work w/ molex, but i could be wrong about that.

any IDE cable will work with CD ROM drives. that's what they are made for. (and old IDE HDDs)

ok so you want molex > 3 pin correct? I'm kinda confused, so a pic would definately help.

basicly, ya know that on the non cathode end of the transformer, there is a cable with a button on and a molex, i cut that right back so there is just a red and a black cable coming out the transformer, then i soldered it to a 3 pin, same colour wise and all, but no worky.

also, i didnt think you could use floppy ides on hhd and cds cos its got differnt pin, this is what i want http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=129205&source=Froogle but for a cd drive, will that work?

what i was saying was that you should be able to find the same type of cable design, but in IDE rather than floppy. I know you cant use floppy cables for IDE.

like this here: round single IDE cable

harry18 said:
basicly, ya know that on the non cathode end of the transformer, there is a cable with a button on and a molex, i cut that right back so there is just a red and a black cable coming out the transformer, then i soldered it to a 3 pin, same colour wise and all, but no worky.

also, i didnt think you could use floppy ides on hhd and cds cos its got differnt pin, this is what i want http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=129205&source=Froogle but for a cd drive, will that work?

The red and black from the cathode are 12V. The red on a PS is 5V.

You need to connect the red from the cathode to a yellow from the ps for it to work.

cheers mark, its all good now :)

buut, round single ide cables dont exist in the UK for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom