Harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,literally - NO, I never saw a pan big enough to fry a whole computer, but a laptop will do though...
If by "fry computer" you mean "computer malfunction" [from space odyssey:2001 :) ] Than yes, It can
Because had disk is necessary part for computer operation, if harddisk breaks down, you can probably say "harddisk fried computer" b/c harddisk is itself part of the computer. So this statement is at least partially true.

what i am saying is can a bad harddrive create a infixable error on a motherboard? I have 2 SATA HD's but I dont want to plug them up to my new A8N 64 bit premium if they can fry my mobo

No, I don't think so. But why do you suspect those drives? are they bad?
Even with I plugged an IDE cable the wrong way - I never saw any damage to mobo or hdd.
With Sata you can't even plug it the wrong way, So I don't see what you are afraid of.
But strictly theoretically speaking - it can happen. For example, if hdd controller(insude hdd) is fried somehow (this time almost literally) it can ,for example, put a 12v from power supply to one of data pins in sata cable,which will kill the sata controller on the motherboard. But you probably has better chance winning the lottery, than seing this happen.

You new motherboard should be concerned much more seriously about it's safety from another factors,
for example your fingers static electricity can damage your mobo pretty easy. You can read hundreds of such stories.
But that's a usual stuff i guess.
I think your mothe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom