Help with CPU selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar

In Runtime
Hi,

Just a quick question. One of my older PC's currently has a AMD Athlon XP 1700+ CPU installed. I want to upgrade the CPU to something like a Athlon XP+2400. Judging by the manual it says the following...

"AMD Athlon Duron Processor Suppors Socket-A based AMD Athlong Duron processors.

North Bridge System Chipset supports 133/100Mhz FBS, and 266/200Mhz memory bus."

Now, judging by the above quote, the AMD XP +2400 should be ok to run with this mobo? Am I correct? Because the +2400 runs at 266Mhz FBS?

Can anyone tell me if I'm making the right decision to purchase a +2400 for this mobo? Or sound I look at other AMD cpu's?

Thanks.

What mobo do you have? You can use CPUZ or open the case and look. after you find out then you can look at the website or let us know to see how much of an upgrade the board wil let you do.

even wit hthe processor you're planning to upgrade to, i doubt it would make that much of a difference to warrant the cost in honesty. HAIL AND KILL

Plant, I can purchase a +2400 for a considerably cheap price. So are you telling me my mobo would be compatible for it? Why wouldn't in make much of a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom