Just how buggy is Firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Firefox is buggy too... My copy / paste barely EVER works properly... I have a notepad open always to paste whatever I have multiple times before it will allow me to copy another section of text...

ALSO : I am very rarely able to use apostraphies in firefox. It seems to open "search" more than actually typing an apostraphy...

That is the reason my sentances/paragraphs never really have them ;)

Firefox has its pros and cons. Thats why when I use firefox, I still keep IE handy because it is better for some things. Since I switched to IE 7, I haven't used Firefox. IE 7 seems a lot more secure and I get less popups than I did with firefox. I also like how much quicker IE 7 is at starting up for the first time after a reboot.

beedubaya said:
Firefox has its pros and cons. Thats why when I use firefox, I still keep IE handy because it is better for some things. Since I switched to IE 7, I haven't used Firefox. IE 7 seems a lot more secure and I get less popups than I did with firefox. I also like how much quicker IE 7 is at starting up for the first time after a reboot.
Use Firefox Preloader. It makes FF load just as fast if not faster than IE.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader/

talldude, thanks for the link. I'm gonna give it a try.

I dare anybody to name a safer browsing experience than FF and the no script extension.

nothing, nada, zilch in term of virus or spyware. you can manually allow what sites that you want to allow java and you never pick the to allow the background sites who have script.

this is better than popup blockers and is just as good as an antivirus program

FF beta 2 is faster and uses less resources

Opera.

http://secunia.com/product/10615/
http://secunia.com/product/4227/

but as Warez Monster said before, which is a very good point,

It's on everyone machine and since spyware infects IE, theres no way around getting infected
There are constant updates, every Tuesday
If users can learn not to download items, screensavers, etc, you know what Im talking about, warez sites, etc.
Running away from something wont help people learn how to fix items. FF is getting Spyware also, they have their fair share of issues. Once FF gets more popular and people see they are having more issues and so called vulns, then I guess they will move on to the next so called "secure browser"
Its all the same thing, its just a browser, just different gui and name attached. IE is suffering from is own success, FF is on the same path as well. But we got these security idiots that post vulns when they find one which gives hackers plenty of times to exploit the code. If everyone kept their mouths shut this wouldnt be an issue. Scaring people away from one item to another is only making another problem for that program. Im not sure on the exact statistics but Im willing to bet the 95-98% of all corporations use IE, what does that tell you? and they all mostly use Symantec, not AVG etc...
Look at it this way, the whole browser is expoitable. They just need to find out how to exploit it. All it is is code. Any code can be exploited, no if ands or buts about it. We got to be these guys at their own game. Running from one to another if making them win. Why let them win???
If everyone spent as much time on IE as the do with FF and all those stupid *** extensions they might learn something. Almost everyone seemed to just jump on the band wagon as soon as FF came out all because of what their website said and a few security analysts. Ofcouse their aint no viruses or spyware for it when it first came out, it a new browser!! Then everyone is like ohh my, this is more "secure", I'm gonna switch yada yada yada. Why didnt everyone start using Opera when it came out?? Its because they didnt have the publicity that FF got, Im not sure why. Just think if it was turned upside down, lets say FF was where IE is now. Everyone would be switching from FF to IE and the same thing with Opera. All FF is, is a temporary solution to IE. Once FF becomes more widely used, there will be an almost equal balance of issues between FF and IE and you can take that to the bank.

the thing about firefox is you have to be very selective of what extensions you install, many of them confilct and some of them are just plain badly written.

Raw firefox i've found no bugs, works smoothly for me, but with some extensions i've found memory leaks and other nastiness.

Currently i'm running:
Tab mix plus
Noscript
Mcafee site advisor
Adblock
morning coffee

With no problems, though page loading is a little slow, I don't ming living with that for the extra security.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to go a long way to convince me to abandon FF

Jam3s-Zer0 said:
Opera.

http://secunia.com/product/10615/
http://secunia.com/product/4227/

but as Warez Monster said before, which is a very good point,

Man, you are sounding like ipod haters. you know there are 2 group of people in this world.

ipod lover or ipod haters. I guess that the same thing applies to ff

opera is not safer than ff and the no script extension, unless it has it's own version of the no script extension

what you fail to realize, is that same analogy applies to opera too. you know the more famous it gets, the more that it will be exploited

EricB said:
Man, you are sounding lilke ipod haters. you know there are 2 group of people in this world.

ipod lover or ipod haters. I guess that the same thing applies to ff

opera is not safer than ff and the no script extension, unless it has it's own version of the no script extension

what you fail to realize, is that same analogy applies to opera too. you know the more famous it gets, the more that it will be exploited

Sorry but i don't hate firefox. I often use it.

My reasons for saying Opera is more secure are:

Opera does not support activex so that minimizes the risks greatly.

It is not as popular as FF + IE so not as many explotes are found and not as many attacks are aimed at it.

With a good hosts file, plugin-ignore.ini and block.ini Opera seem the best to me.

Actually I do realise that when/if opera gets more popular it will start becoming more unsecure.

firefox is still prefectly secure if you use the right extensions and settings.

When i was using IE or deepnet i'd get a trojan about once every 2 weeks and a few times I had bad malware infections (including smitfraud), I haven't had anything worse than a tracking cookie since I started with firefox (7 months?)

MrCoffee said:
firefox is still prefectly secure if you use the right extensions and settings.

When i was using IE or deepnet i'd get a trojan about once every 2 weeks and a few times I had bad malware infections (including smitfraud), I haven't had anything worse than a tracking cookie since I started with firefox (7 months?)
Same here and I've been using Firefox for well over a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom