finally got some plexiglass(or accrilic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
k. i found this peice of whatever(its clear, and would be good for case mod) but, its got some scratches. is there any way i can get those scratches off, and make it clear?(like really fine sandpaper, or a lighter or something?) im about to mod an old case that im doing nothing with, gonna put a window on it, neon under the bezel, drill some holes for a fan on the front, then im gonna get all new internals. for internals, i need ps, mobo, cpu and ram, but i got a budget of 200 or so...any sugestions?

think you can just use polish to get small ones out, but if they're too deep then probably just live with it, or don't use that part.

You can flame polish it. Get a really hot flame, like a propane/butane torch, and rub it across the spot in rapid strokes. Don't hold it still too long or it will start to melt.

hmm, dont got ne of those, but i got an acetaline torch for welding, that work? i think its too hot tho, ittl melt a metal hanger pretty fast. what about a regular cigeratte lighter? i use that for polishing some dress shoes. ill get a pic of the plexi and wat its gonna go on in a lil bit, gotta find some AA's for the cam

lol, I think an acetaline would work if you kept a pretty good distance.

The lighter may work, try it and see.

yea i just did...i did it on the surface scratches, like the ones ud find on a cd, and it cleared up a lil, left that black **** behind, and where i held it too long, it bubbled....pics in a min, found batts. also would bleatch or ammonia or something acidic work? i might try it on my stove...

phot0005yc3.jpg

phot0006we3.jpg

pics woulda been better, but the batts r dead, so it wont flash

yep. i put a neon string light under the front blue bezel(neon purple) and today im gonna get some batteries, then i gotta get my dads dremil, and start cutting the side panel open for the window. i got another sheet of plexi, but it was being used as a table protector, its about 30"*20". ill check that out. and also, hp is stuk up about fans, and u have to use this peic of plastic that holds the fan on the inside back, and i lost that peice, so im gonna drill some holes for a 120mm fan there. i dont got ne more fans here, but im thinking about putting a blowhole on it, but i dont got a grill, plus i would have to go thru the steel, and thru the plastic top part. ill get a front shot of the case on here in a few.

EDIT: almost forgot, i got a blueish neon stick, it might be a lil big for this case tho....ill just have to tak those big plastic endcaps off and cover it with hot glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom