New Chipset Cooler running oddly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundertiger

Baseband Member
Ok, was wondering if anyone could help me out with my Chipset Cooler...

I just bought a new case for my PC, My old one had a rear fan which ran at 1000 RPM (40% according to speedfan) had 3 pin connecter to motherboard, as my new case already had a rear fan which is 3Pin molex i now have a spare socket on my motherboard.

I just bought an Akasa Chipset cooler (3 pin plug into motherboard) to replace my old heatsink and it should run at 5000 RPM....... BUT :mad: ........ As my old fan was set to run at 40% so does my chipset cooler, it runs at 1500 RPM - i upped it to 100% with speedfan but when i reboot my PC, it just runs at 1500 RPM again - i wondered if there was any way i could set it in the bios or something to always boot with FAN 2 at 100% speed..

Thanks, thunder tiger

i cant - its a small 3pin connecter to motherboard - Not a Molex COnnector, can u get adapters for 3pin to molex ?

I thought 3pins always op at full? Anyhow, should (or might) be a setting in bios to have it run at full. In mine you disable the control or disable the slow option and it's always at full.

Mind you, in many cases, a rating of whatever, in this case 5000 is often theoretical and you might just muster 4964...or something :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom