Need help with hard drive, wife going to kill me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Caesar

Beta member
About 2 weeks ago i bought a 300gb seagate hard drive. After the instal and format everything looked ok except all the writing on that drive was blue, but i didnt think much of it. Yesterday i did some much needed up-gradeing (p4 celeron to dual core 939) but now i cannot access the drive and windows has split it in half.

My current system is as follows,

amd 939 dual core 3800
asus a8s-x mobo
1.5 gb ram
6600 gt pci-e
40 gb ide maxtor (has xp prof and sp2)
80 gb sata maxtor
300 gb sata seagate

computer management displays my seagate haveing 1 mbr partition of 127gb and 151gb unallocated.

If i try to explore or open the drive a pop up box just opens up and asks me to format the drive.

Is there any way to at least retrieve the files from the drive or am i screwed? i have photos and music ect and the wife will not be very pleased if i have lost them :(

any help would be very grateful, ty in advance

You should have made the up grade before installing the new hdd, the hdd gets confused with the new CPU. Hopefully someone here can explain this, I have experienced this myself, and have heard similar things from others when they switched out a motherboard.

As for the 127GB, depending on you OS and which SP you have it may not recognize anything over 137GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom