Ahhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritd

Baseband Member
I'm totally lost here. Before after long period of use my cmputer would display weird patterns on the screen and hard freeze causing me to manually turn off the comp and and turnin it back on. At first, I thought it was my graphics card but my temps never go over 54 celcius with my card and yet this still happens. I am starting to think it may be because of power supply? I killed all the OCs on my fsb and stuff and re did all votes to normal but I can't figure it out. Please help so I can replace the screwed part.

What Happens:

I use my computer and play a good GFX game such as Oblivion or something for maybe 2 hours straight. Then I web surf for about an 1-2hrs then I try to watch TV and it happened. My RivaTuner log never reports it over 54C so I don't think it's my graphics card. My cpu idles around 22C load is around 25C-28C My cpu is a PD930 B1 Stepping at stock volts. My ram is PQI 1 gb (512x2) ddr3 667 also at stock. Please help! Thanks! Oh and PSU is an HEC Orion 585 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1828919&Tab=11&NoMapp=0

The PSU seemed pretty good thoguh don't think I've ever had this problem before. Maybe since my resolution got moved up? Please give thought to your decisions cuz if I replace the wrong thing I'm screwed. Thanks!!!!!

weird patterns on the screen
This is all you've said about your problem in your post,
I doubt that anybody can pinpoint a problem based on this info only.

cuz if I replace the wrong thing I'm screwed.
That's right, it's high probability, that your are going to waste your money for notheing.
You must first diagnose and find a problem.

Ok well after long use my screen just displays like a color such as white or blue and white or blue boxes on top of it with lines going through...like aquilt.

The next time it happens, take a screenshot of it, by hitting "PRT SCR" (above insert). Open MSPaint and hit CTRL + V and save it as a .JPEG.

Then, when it's not doing it anymore, open the screenshot. If you can still see the lines and whatnot, then it is a videocard/driver/motherboard problem, but if you can't see any lines, it is a monitor problem.

No not only when I watch TV it can happen during word processing IMs etc.. I cant take a screen shot because the computer hard locks and I don't think my monitor could cause a hard lock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom