Random Shutdowns?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooka

Baseband Member
Hey there guys posting for a mate -

Ok heres the deal. She has a HP pavillion laptop that is shutting down randomly. The laptop is only 3 months old and in good condition. Recently the machine started to lock up whist using it. It would lock up briefly for a few seconds and then reboot itself.

If anyones got any ideas please let me know. Cheers

Andrew

try the below suggestion to see if you can get an error out of it. have there been any hardware changes? or software changes?

1.Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

OK mate we tried that and it's still locking up and rebooting. There havent been any hardware changes at. And it's getting worse by the minute. Log into the OS and it reboots after a few minutes.

here are some basic specs:

Centrino Duo 1.8Ghz
2Gb Ram
Not sure on others. Hp Pavillion DV5000

Plz Help!!

you could always try doing a system restore or completly reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows as a last resort. Also try the HP online support to see if they can find anything in there nice little manuals they use.

try pluggin it into the wall with no battery, or with just a battery not plugged into the wall.

Ask your friend if he's been doing some overclocking? Maybe he raised the voltage too far and it's shutting down because its hot? Or maybe he raised the FSB too high and not enough voltage and its restarting because its unstable?

Another possibility may be that the fan is clogged with dust or something and its shutting down because its overheating that way. I'm lead to believe this is the case because you said it was getting worse by the minute, which is understandable if you're turning it back on before it has time to cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom