DVD Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torx

Solid State Member
2 Questions...
Part 1:
I downloaded alot of videos that I want to burn onto DVD. I have a computer at home, and at my moms house. The one at my moms house has a DVD burner, which this one here does not. I already transferred over 2 .MPG's to my mom's computer and burnt them to DVD. I used a pack of 700MB CD-RW for it, but my software (Roxio) doesn't allow me to utilize all of that 700MB, making me able to use about 450MB. Is there a program that can make me utilize all (if not most) of the 700MB? Something like a simple drag-n-drop feature? The biggest movie file I have is 673MB.

Part 2:
To burn the DVD's, I used a program...SONIC DVD, or something. I made a fancy background and menu. The thing is...the movie files that I did burn were about 400MB, and took up nearly 2.5GB on the 4.7GB capacity DVD's. Why did it take up so much room? The quality setting on the program was at HD (DVD), and I assumed that was the normal setting. Is there a way it couldn't take up that much room?

Thanks alot :D . Haha, sorry for so much content, I just need to check what's going on.

im confused on part one but i am new too so maybe we can both learn something ; part one says burn dvd but you are burning them to a cd disk not a dvd disk I think

Yeah, I was just explaining my situation. Part one is asking if anyone knows how to utilize the full 700MB on a CD-RW so I can drag and drop the file onto another computer.

get a good authoring program like nero or tmpenc dvd author. most will encode to dvd using length of movie as the most important factor. the 2 programs above will give you other options as will neo dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom