need help with my new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
just got the MSI 975X Platnum V2

and in the bios it tells me my cpu is running at 200mhz?
does anyone know what my problem is, and how to fix it?

thanks in advanced

well what cpu are you running? If you have an intel CPU that is running at 800Mhz, that's the FSB, not the effective clock speed. Intel P4's are quad pumped which means it can handle 4 signals a cycle. If you multiply the effective clock speed of 200Mhz by the quad pumped cpu, you get 800Mhz, which is your FSB. Additionally your memory and cpu will run at the same speed, (unless you have PC2700 or PC2100, then your memory can only run at that speed) DDR400 (what you should have provided you have a CPU rated with an 800Mhz FSB) will once again not run at 400Mhz, but will run at 200Mhz. The memory's clock speed and CPU's clock speed essentially match each other, which is what they should do.

Edit: OK I saw your sig after I posted. Your CPU actually should be running at 266Mhz in the BIOS. what is the multiplier set at? A lot of times the BIOS will configure the CPU settings wrong.

If you click on the setting in the BIOS you should get 2 options, 200Mhz or 266Mhz. There's different versions of that CPU that are meant to run at 200Mhz, and your BIOS probably configured it to the lowest possible setting. If that's the case, just up the frequency to the right 266Mhz clock speed. 266x4= 1064 ~1066Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom