Stuck with MS Exchange 2003 Problems, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly4High

In Runtime
Hi pros,
It's been a long time when I first got into this community! Want to say hi to you all!
I had a problem with my E-mail delivery system. I got a server which run MS-Exchange Server 2003, it worked smoothly till it got this problems. Now, I can only send E-mail to the outside address, I can't received any E-mail from any outside e-mail address anymore. I've checked the MS Exchange Server status and it still working fine, don't know what's happened!
Can anyone give me some advice about this! Need urgently!

Many thanks!

When you say outside..do you mean you have a POP3 type service running on exchange or simply mail sent to a normal exchange mailbox via SMTP is not making it to your internal network?

I mean that I have POP3 running on my Exchange Server. The Internal network working just fine!

goto the exchange manager, enable message tracking (server properties)

send a email to server from outside. Track message from message tracker tool in ESM

if not found then your MX record is incorrect. make sure that the MX record for your domain is correct

www.dnsreport.com

find the line with mx record name (usualy mail.domain.com)

ping your mx record. (do it from www.dnsstuff.com)

goto whatismyip.com does that ip address match the ip of your mx?

post results

Hi Bilbus,
Thanks for your pro advices, but I found out that the problem cause by my adsl modem! Actually, I forgot to config NAT after resetting my adsl modem. I've reconfiged it all and it seem worked well.
But, by the way, there a little problem should be concerned.
I can received e-mail from outside just fine, but when I sent out a mail, it seemed not be delivered by the recipient, even I saw it in the "Sent Items" folder and there's no error message about the failure delivery.
Then, I've used the Tracking message of Exchange Server Manager, it appeared like: "Non-Delivered Report(NDR) was generated" in the tracking log. But I didn't received any of this report at all.
Any ideas about this?

Best Regards.

hmmmm is your isp blocking port 25 outbound?

try making a smtp connecter and routing all your mail thought that connecter.

This will relay your mail though your isp's smtp server. I do this at home.

goto connecters, new, smtp connecter
name it
fowardmail though this smart host - find the smtp address for your isp and use that EX mail.comcast.net
add your exchange server as a bridgehead
in address space tab add *

I'm not sure,
But now I can't received incoming email as well, I saw the tracking log I found out that the incoming email got: "Non-Delivered Report(NDR) was generated" too, so confusing!!!
Pls help!

the Tracking Service inform: "SMTP: Non-Delivered Report(NDR) was generated" in the tracking log. That's all! So confused! Pls help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom